A reminder that Portrait Artist of the Week returns tomorrow – and every Sunday till thirteenth December 2020 – mainly for the period of Series 7 of Portrait Artist of the Week.
If it is something prefer it was in May this 12 months – when it turned extraordinarily fashionable – the present will work as follows
10 Key Facts
- This reside streaming occasion is accessible by EVERYBODY!
- It does not matter the place you reside and/or whether or not you might be in lockdown
- as a result of it is accessible through Facebook Live Streaming
- which suggests you may watch and take part regardless of which nation you reside in.
- If you need to examine what time it’s for you elsewhere in the world use the web site under to examine what time that is in one other time zone.
- You can nevertheless watch the reside stream as a video after the occasion as effectively – it is simply not interactive.
- touch upon the fb reside feed
- or use #PAOTW
Always needed to color a reside celeb sitter like our individuals on Portrait Artist of the Year? This is your probability! Every Sunday be a part of hundreds of fellow artists round the world for a day of creating. Each week a unique celeb sitter will probably be beamed reside straight into your property together with one of our superb PAOTY artists who will probably be portray alongside.
Below is a repeat of the ideas I recommended after watching the very first reside stream.
|Compilation of viewer pictures of Bernardine Evaristo
writer of Girl, Woman, Other which received the Booker Prize in 2019
Tips for Portrait Artist of the Week
- Have all of your equipment arrange and able to go earlier than 10am. That method you may really take heed to Joan explaining the way it’s all going to work relatively than scurrying spherical discovering what you want! 😉
- Take a screendump – or a number of – of the sitter close to the starting. If you lose the view of the sitter you may then hold going out of your screendump. What I did was:
- have the Live Stream working full display on my 27″ iMac display
- photographed the screen with my iPhone and then had the screen dump pic sitting in front of me on my iPhone. Or you could use a tablet to do the same thing. Basically two screens work better than one.
- the reason for this is that the programme makers, sitter or artist may encounter technical difficulties or the programme will divert to showing us other things while both artist and sitter enjoy a break.
- You DO NOT must
- paint – you can also draw in any media – and lots of people did. Take a cue from the Artist of the Year programmes – if it’s a medium which can produce a 2D artwork then you can use it.
- keep going for the whole four hours. If you finish sooner then call it done. I finished at 1pm last week after finishing earlier and then walking away to make a cup of tea before coming back and doing some final tweaks.
- submit your artwork if you don’t want to – either on the day or later in the week. It’s entirely up to you what you do in terms of submitting your work
- To take a photo to post: Make sure you get your artwork in good natural light and parallel to your lens before you take a photograph
- You MUST use the hashtag and submit as stipulated in the programme and on the Facebook Page if you’d like your art work to be considered by the Judges
You may also need to have a learn of the weblog posts I wrote arising out of Portrait Artist of the Week earlier this 12 months.