The mixture of our free, lightning-fast and always-on timestamp service and the simple to make use of cli software, will get you began in a minute. Everything is constructed on prime of open supply elements.
Every construct has a story to inform – Tamperproof provenance for your code and CI/CD pipeline
What is trusted timestamping?
Trusted timestamping is the method of securely preserving observe of the creation and modification time of a doc.
Security right here signifies that nobody—not even the proprietor of the doc—ought to be capable to change it as soon as it has been recorded supplied that the timestamper’s integrity is by no means compromised.
CodeNotary makes use of its immutable open supply database immudb to supply this service that features cryptographic verification and immutable information historical past.
CodeNotary Use Cases
This timestamping service gives full immutability for all information ever written and distinctive information checksum ever saved together with its historical past. As a belief degree comes with the timestamp, you possibly can change your thoughts over time (unsupport, untrust) with out touching the code or binary.
As the entire belief and timestamping historical past is saved for any digital id (SHA-256 checksum), you possibly can simply create workflows and choice bushes in your CI/CD recipes.
There are loads of completely different use instances:
- Add a trusted timestamp to code
- Add an immutable timestamp to digital signatures
- Seal the information integrity and your belief degree at a given time limit
- Prove the existence of elecronic information at a particular time limit
- CI/CD integration – notarize all outgoing property, authenticate all incoming
- Store provenance for you personal sources
- Unsupport deprecated variations of your software program and run replace checks bases on the newest timestamp
- Revoke belief (untrust) at any time with out the necessity to contact your code or binaries
- Trust or take away belief for digital property and act on the standing (inside your script or pipeline)
- Simply timestamp recordsdata and sources to doublecheck at any time sooner or later if these are nonetheless the identical (backup/restore)
Simply request your API key and get began inside a minute! This service was constructed utilizing Open Source and to run free without end!
Notarized property data is saved in a tamperproof ledger with cryptographic verification backed by immudb, the immutable database.
Obtain an API Key
To present entry to our timestamping service a legitimate API Key is required. If you do not have one but, merely signup right here CodeNotary Timestamp.
This API Key is certain to your electronic mail handle and it is required throughout vcn login.
1. Installer In case you employ Linux or macOS, the quickest begin is our set up script:
bash <(curl https://getvcn.codenotary.com -L)
You may obtain the newest launch
2. Login to timestamp.codenotary.com
vcn login --lc-host timestamp.codenotary.com # sort in your API key when requested # or setting the API key VCN_LC_API_KEY=<Your-API-Key vcn login --lc-host timestamp.codenotary.com
3. Notarize (Timestamp) present digital objects Once you will have an account you can begin notarizing digital property to provide them an id.
4. Authenticate digital objects You can use the command as a start line.
Tip: the timestamping and verification calculates a SHA256, so bigger recordsdata may take a bit longer relying in your system.
For detailed command line utilization, simply run
Also printed at https://dev.to/vchaindz/codenotary-free-trusted-timestamping-service-for-developer-158f
Create your free account to unlock your customized studying expertise.