The begin of the second season of the Call of Duty League is rapidly approaching, which implies it’s time to check out the 12 franchises heading into skilled Black Ops Cold War motion.
I reached out to professional gamers and coaches over the weekend to get their power rankings for every crew earlier than the beginning of the 2021 season. Votes for a participant or coach’s personal crew weren’t counted in these rankings, nevertheless.
With the Call of Duty League set to start play on Feb. 11, here is some perception into how all of the groups really feel they stack up up to now throughout the preseason.
1) Dallas Empire
- Average rating: 1.6
- Roster: iLLeY, Crimsix, Shotzzy, and Huke
- Coaching employees: Rambo
- Substitute: Felo
- Kickoff Classic match: 3-0 win vs. New York Subliners
There was little question in anybody’s thoughts that this crew may transition into Cold War and proceed to dominate. Huke, Shotzzy, and iLLeY have every seemed like they may very well be the perfect participant on the crew at one level or one other. And with Crimsix main the pack, this squad is displaying no indicators of slowing down anytime quickly.
2) Atlanta FaZe
- Average rating: 1.9
- Starting Roster: Simp, Cellium, Arcitys, and aBeZy
- Coaching employees: Crowder, RJ, and EasyMac
- Substitute: Sib
- Kickoff Classic match: 3-2 loss vs. Florida Mutineers
From prime to backside, this complete roster options some of essentially the most gifted gamers within the league. Each participant is succesful of dropping large numbers on any map at any given time and so they even have the teaching expertise of Crowder, RJ, and EasyMac behind them. There’s no method this crew ought to ever be exterior of the highest three this 12 months.
3) OpTic Chicago
- Average rating: 2.5
- Roster: Scump, FormaL, Dashy, and Envoy
- Coaching employees: Sender
- Substitute: General
- Kickoff Classic match: 3-0 win vs. Los Angeles Thieves
Most followers in all probability aren’t stunned by the highest three groups up to now. Although some would possibly put OpTic a bit of increased, I believe it is a truthful name for now. Dashy and Envoy have each seemed nice at this sport, and since transferring to Texas, FormaL is taking part in his finest for the reason that Infinite Warfare season.
4) Florida Mutineers
- Average rating: 4.4
- Roster: Skyz, Owakening, Slacked, and Neptune
- Coaching employees: Atura
- Substitute: Havok
- Kickoff Classic match: 3-2 win vs. Atlanta FaZe
The Mutineers began off this preseason with Havok as a starter. But after three months of apply, the org determined to bench him and add former Halo participant Neptune to the beginning lineup. Neptune has stood out up to now and is wanting like a frontrunner for rookie of the 12 months.
5) Los Angeles Thieves
- Average rating: 4.8
- Roster: SlasheR, TJHaLy, Kenny, and Temp
- Coaching employees: JKap and Novus
- Substitute: Drazah
- Kickoff Classic match: 3-0 loss vs. OpTic Chicago
SlasheR, Kenny, and TJHaLy began the offseason not figuring out what their future would possibly maintain, however Nadeshot ultimately answered the decision and purchased OpTic Gaming Los Angeles’ CDL spot. The crew was then renamed to Los Angeles Thieves and so they secured Temp as their fourth. This lineup has seemed rocky at instances, however any crew with SlasheR on it tends to start out off slower than they need to. Expect enhancements from this roster because the 12 months goes on.
6) Minnesota RØKKR
- Average rating: 5.6
- Roster: Attach, Accuracy, Priestahh, and MajorManiak
- Coaching employees: BrianSaintt and Reppin
- Substitute: BrianSaintt
- Kickoff event match: 3-2 win vs. Toronto Ultra
The RØKKR cleared its total roster throughout the offseason and locked in 4 top-tier gamers in Attach, Accuracy, Priestahh, and MajorManiak. The crew has seemed strong in scrims up to now and proved that with a 3-2 win towards the Toronto Ultra within the Kickoff Classic final month.
7) Toronto Ultra
- Average score: 6.5
- Roster: Methodz, Cammy, CleanX, and Bance
- Coaching employees: MarkyB and RBOFLX
- Substitute: Insight
- Kickoff event match: 3-2 loss vs. Minnesota RØKKR
Toronto Ultra completed seventh within the regular-season standings final 12 months and went on to position prime six within the 2020 Call of Duty League Championship. Going into this season, the org determined to stay with 4 of its gamers, becoming a member of Dallas as the one different crew within the league to not add a brand new face to its beginning lineup. But if this crew struggles, Insight, who beforehand performed for Team Singularity, is prepared and ready on the bench.
8) New York Subliners
- Average score: 7.5
- Roster: Clayster, Asim, Mack, and DiamondCon
- Coaching employees: Revan and JP
- Substitutes: HyDra and ZooMaa
- Kickoff Classic match: 3-0 loss vs. Dallas Empire
Four days earlier than the Kickoff Classic, ZooMaa introduced that he’d be taking a step again from aggressive Call of Duty on account of a lingering hand harm. With HyDra caught in France, the Subliners had been left with few choices for its roster. In the top, the org known as up DiamondCon from its academy crew. DiamondCon performed properly, however New York misplaced 3-0 to the defending world champions throughout the Kickoff Classic. With extra apply, this crew ought to solely enhance. If that fails, HyDra may make it into the nation earlier than you assume.
9) Paris Legion
- Average rating: 8.2
- Roster: Skrapz, AquA, Classic, and Fire
- Coaching employees: Theory
- Substitute: Theory (unconfirmed)
- Kickoff Classic match: 3-2 win vs. London Royal Ravens
Paris dropped its total roster throughout the offseason and virtually scouted sufficient gamers to kind its personal league. But in the long run, the Legion locked in Skrapz, AquA, Classic, and rookie participant Fire. The 4 gamers individually may not be essentially the most gifted within the league, however all of them have some extent to show this 12 months. They’re the underdogs going into this season.
10) London Royal Ravens
- Average rating: 8.7
- Roster: Dylan, Seany, Alexx, and Parasite
- Coaching employees: Shane and Dominate
- Substitutes: Zer0 and Afro
- Kickoff Classic match: 3-2 loss vs. Paris Legion
Unfortunately for Zer0, he is been unable to safe his visa and shall be caught within the U.Okay. till additional discover. Because of this, Parasite, who hasn’t been within the professional league since Black Ops 4, has been given his first actual alternative within the newly shaped Call of Duty League. Yet to be formally introduced, Parasite will make his debut for London this weekend towards the Seattle Surge.
11) Los Angeles Guerrillas
- Average rating: 9.6
- Roster: Apathy, Silly, Assault, and Vivid
- Coaching employees: Bevils and Ricky
- Substitutes: Cheen and Mental
- Kickoff Classic match: 3-2 win vs. Seattle Surge
Apathy confirmed up throughout the Guerrillas’ Kickoff Classic match, dropping a 1.22 Okay/D—the eighth-highest Okay/D of the weekend. The Guerrillas are hoping to duplicate Assault, Silly, and Apathy’s 2018 success the place they gained the Call of Duty World League Championship in WWII. But they’ve a protracted approach to go earlier than they turn into a critical contender on this league.
12) Seattle Surge
- Average rating: 10.8
- Roster: Octane, Gunless, Loony, and Prestinni
- Coaching employees: Nubzy
- Substitute: Nubzy (unconfirmed)
- Kickoff Classic match: 3-2 loss vs. Los Angeles Guerrillas
The expertise is there, however but once more, the Seattle Surge have struggled heading into the 2021 season. They nonetheless have lots to work on earlier than they will climb up these rankings—and fortunately, the season has but to start out. But they will have to determine it out earlier than it is too late.
The 2021 season of the Call of Duty League formally begins on Feb. 11 at 2pm CT.