A western lowland gorilla walking through a cloud of butterflies in the Central African Republic has been announced as the winner of the Nature Conservancy 2021 Photo Contest.
Photographer Anup Shah, who captured the photograph entitled Malui, was chosen from more than 100,000 entrants from 158 countries.
The Nature Conservancy is a global conservation organisation that works in 72 countries, and is dedicated to conserving the lands and waters on which all life depends.
It says it is guided by science to create on-the-ground solutions to the world’s toughest challenges, including climate change.
Here are winners from other categories, click the link in our bio to see more incredible pictures from the competition.
2. People and nature winner: Saving Orangutans, by Alain Schroeder, Belgium
3. Wildlife winner: A turbulent swim, by Buddhilini de Soyza, Australia
4. Landscape winner: Drought, by Daniel De Granville Manço, Brazil
5. People’s Choice winner: Fireflies, by Prathamesh Ghadekar, India
6. Water winner: Water, by Kazi Arifujjaman, Bangladesh